This is a
<meta> post… mostly for myself, not for you. But you can read it if you’d like.
Here are the blog posts I know I should be writing, if only I had the time (in no particular order). Basically, this is just my TODO list (with an infinitely open-ended completion deadline):
- OSS, minus contribution: the OSS community has become too heavily weighted toward publishing/self-promotion, and lost much of the contribution component. why? because too many people are scared to put their code out there.
- Rethinking “modular”: what you call “modular” is not. this needs re-examination.
For and againstUpdate: For and against let
let: let’s talk about how ES6’s
letshould and should not be used.
- “Error” vs
Error("Error"): rethink how we are using errors and
try..catch(or not!) in our code.
- Generators… what the
*?: my case for why we should style generators as
function *foo(..)instead of
- Script loaders; the news of my death has been greatly exaggerated: why script loaders are going to make a big comeback pretty soon.
- APIs as Apps (or, UI Optional): The future of apps may have little to do with the UI. They might just become distributed data APIs.
- Arrow Minus Function: Address the misconceptions and stupidity around ES6’s coming “fat arrow” function (
There’s probably a lot more to add to this list that I’ve already forgotten. But hopefully I can come back and keep this list updated as new ideas come up or (rarely) I actually get to write the post.